UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss sealing ivory grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

hi there
iv got to do a floor in a day or 2 and the custard (though we might start using it ) wants ivory grout or similar as the tiles are beige colour,450x450mm i think. i know this will stain very quickly and unevenly as its the main bathroom in the house. i asked in my local tile shop as she wanted to sell me a spray can of sealer for 80 euro . thats a bit steep for 22m2 that it will only do. then she said to varnish it. im not gone on that idea. i have most of a tin of sealer for mosaics or stone etc (not sure of the name but silver metal tin with red screw cap ).
this smells like polyurithare varnish .

i know enough about epoxy not to want to go that root. i dont want to ruin anything.

what do you think i should do .

thanks alan

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Hi Alan, seems like you got the advice you need. But just a thought. Could you steer your customer onto limestone grout instead? It would go well with your tile colour and wouldn't show up muck and dirt as much as ivory. Of course still seal it in the same way.

Here's a recent bathroom i've done using BAL Superflex - Limestone

SAM_1984.JPG

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to sealing ivory grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm just wondering if my glazed ceramic tiles need sealing before I grout them... I applied...
Replies
Views
These tiles look as though the design has been printed on. There's no glaze like a metro tile...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
T
Hi, Looking for advice please. 2 problems! We have just had encaustic tiles laid in our...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
Just wondering if anyone else who's worked with Original Style might be able to advise. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, hope your all well. Bit of background on the job. 20m2 of opus marble with travertine...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.