Discuss Sealing polished marble mosaics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

nat

TF
xx
Hi,

I have just bought polished marble mosaics which I plan to use a feature in my shower. These need to be sealed, the shop recommended LTP MPG sealer, just wondering how best to apply the sealant?

Does it need to be applied to the mosaic sheets before it is put up onto the wall? How many times does it need to sealed, have heard lots of different conflicting advice as to if you should seal or not and how best to do it....

Many Thanks in advance, Nat.

nat

TF
xx
Which marble is it.?

They are polished marble
3030S0_1_big.jpg

[DLMURL="http://www.tileandbathco.com/doc_store/STOCK_IMAGES/3030s0_2_big.jpg"]
3030s0_2_thm.jpg
[/DLMURL]

Description
Pol.Marble: Cocoa/Alaska Mix 144 is a 30cm x 30cm polished marble mosaic sheet with square marble pieces, most of them being cream and the rest being brown. Suitable for internal walls and floors, this modern mosaic can be used as a border or as a feature piece in bathrooms and kitchens.

• Material: Marble

[*]Finish: Polished

[*]Size: 30cm x 30cm

[*]Colour: Cream and brown

[*]Style: Modern

[*]Suitable For: Internal walls and floors

[*]Can be used as a border or feature piece
    [*]

- - - Updated - - -

mpg need to be buffed well otherwise will make the tiles look dirty
Would we need to use anything in particular?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

nat

TF
xx
The adhesive would need to be C2 minimum and grout needs to be a fine grained... as for re-sealing timescale, then this depends on cleaning regime.. but typically you will get 2 yrs plus ..
Thanks Dave, sorry but what does C2 minimum mean for the adhesive and fine grained? LTP MPG is that the correct sealant for that type of tile and would you recommended using their specific clean (stonewash I think it was called?) Thanks

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sealing polished marble mosaics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Finding it a little hard to get my head around something and hoping one of you might be...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB