UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss sealing travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

donnaw

Hi,

I'm a diy-er who has just finished tiling a bathroom with travertine, and now need to seal it. I understand that I need to seal, grout then seal again, ensuring that I fill any holes (or pits) in the travertine with grout to maximise waterproofing.

My question: What is the best sealer to use? My local tile store (where I bought the travertine) sells Fila MP90 - has anyone used this before? Is it a good impregnating sealer for travertine - by good I mean is it good enough for use in a shower enclosure?

Also any tips on the type of grout I should use? I bought a Unibond waterproof grout from B&Q, but bought it ages ago before I really looked into tiling with travertine properly, so can buy something else if this is not suitable. The walls (internal) were lined with Ply and the external walls with plasterboard - (just additional info in case this is needed)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to sealing travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
Hi there First time poster - have had a tiler come and do our kitchen floor in terracotta...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.