Discuss Sealing Travertine in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

topcarper

Hi Guys,

Ive started this as a new thread as my previous topic was about travertine on render and i wasnt sure i'd get any replies as its a few days old now

Anyway my question is when sealing the travertine ive just had put up in my bathroom (looks fantastic by the way) do i work the sealer into the gaps and if so will it have any affect on the grout 'taking'?, also will it stop the grout from filling any tiny holes in the face of the travertine? As of yet i have only done two of the walls as the other two have only been done today and i still need to clean them, ive noticed that the ones ive done feel an awful lot smoother than the ones that havent been cleaned or sealed yet also, i'm using the stuff i got from Tops made by Fila, tile and stone cleaner and the honed/tumbled travertine and marble protector

Many thanks

T

topcarper

Hi Dave thanks for that, that is what i was hoping to hear, what i meant by tiny holes is a very small minority of the tiles ive got have got the occasional tiny pitted type of hole, possibly where they werent filled totally or tiny amounts of the filling have come away, who knows? i bought 152 300x400x12 tiles, enough to do around 22sq mtrs and went through every single one myself when i bought them but to be honest its gets a bit tiring trying to be to picky when youve got to go through that many and they are pretty heavy as you know, i missed a few slighlty 'ugly' ones which ive asked the tiler to hide behind the sink vanity unit and towel rail but even with some on full view with darkish markings the overall effect looks just what i wanted and really special, i'm was at one stage thinking i'd made a mistake reading about how much effort goes into putting them up properly but now theyre up i'm glad i chose them rather than ceramic, the info on here has been invaluable....just got to keep them looking like it now!!!:smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sealing Travertine in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I'm not having much luck in getting a straight answer out of Topps Tiles so wonder if someone on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB