Discuss Second guessing the builder in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jastheace

Hi,

We used some smoke BAL grout on our walls. All is well but I'm worried that it needs to be sealed, when it gets wet in places it seems to be soaking up the water (changing colour) rather that repelling it, is this normal, does it point to an imbalanced mix?? Should I think about finding some sealant to go over it.

We also have some porcelain floor tiles, I have sealed these myself with a product by "fila" is it advisable to give this a second coat?

All answers greatly appreciated, I'm a complete novice.

Jason

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
With the bal grout, most cementisiouse grout will darken with water, I would be more concerned if patchy when dry, can show patchy when wet due to polymer dispersion, if ok , what type of tiles are they surrounding natural or porcelain, if porcelain use ( test)! your fila product , go across tiles and grout and this will then give you reppelance to grout, ensure you remove excess product completely , buff fully dry!! If it's a natural stone use the same impregnator that was used prior to grouting in same way to include grout.

Concerning floor did you impregnate prior or after grouting ,if before , yes give a second coat to again if you want again to protect grout.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Second guessing the builder in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and I'm in some need of advice. Halfway through a major refurb at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB