• Thread starter KennyA
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 54

Currently reading:
Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water Discussion Thread

Discuss Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water Discussion Thread

Had a problem with hammering noise coming from pipes (triggered by hot water, though it could be eased if you put the cold water on).
Went through everything i could, checking joists etc. Problem appeared to be the ballcock in the loft cold water tank.

Ive replaced it but for the life of me i cant stop seepage out of the nut for the main connection. Though ive only tried
1. Going tighter, getting to the point i'm not sure i can get it any tighter!
2. adding the pfte tape to close any gap

Still getting seeping from the nut, left a tea towel wrapped around it overnight and its soaked this morning.

Im a real newbie and feel the answer is obvious (more tape??) but seems the majority of the job is done, i really dont want to bring someone in but im all out of ideas and know my limits, which are pretty low it has to be said.

For info - I wrapped the tape around the brass thread of the ball ****, no tape used on the cold main thred/nut. See photo

Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

Reply to Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB