UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Self employed tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nando

Hi i have been a tiler for 1 year and in the building game for over 20 years but recently i have wanted to go and get a city and guilds certificate with the course obviously in tiling.I have been in touch with the construction skills college in stoke on trent who offer this course and city and guilds.Can anyone tell me if this place has a good pass mark or anything about it.Thankyou for your time.:thumbsup:

S

Stef

I dont want to be blunt, but dont please think that the tiling game is easy, we see people on here every week & they think that because they have done a tiling course then they think that its easy to tile.
the tiling trade is 1 of the most under rated trades there is, yes it looks easy but the boys on here have worked hard to perfect their trade, i wish it was as easy to just go out & do a 2 week course.
Best of luck in your new trade, all the best.

N

nando

Hi Robson i said ive been a tiler fulltime for 1 year but been tiling for many years,when i leave a job i get recommended to 5 others i have asked for an opinion on if it is correct to go and see if i can get a city and guilds certificate not try and be a tiler overnight that was not the question.I take great pride in any job big,small so you can be as blunt as you want ime not a DIY person.So if your going to even bother answering this thread answer it properly or dont bother.

N

nando

I think some have got the wrong end of the stick i sub-contract to many companies and do alot of private work so it just seems as though some people dont want any other people on the tiling yes you are correct tobins with some people have to start somewhere but ive been doin this for along time so this is my last thread over them comments that other people have put on good look in your tiling.

S

Stef

I was answering it as i see it Nando.
I said all the best in your new trade, i wish you all the best.
i dont mean anything bad by it.
I look on here every week & see people doing a tiling course & they think they can tile, "Its Easy" is the most common thing i think we see on here.
There are very few new people on here that have the drive & determination to make this trade work.
I hope you are 1 of the few, stick around on this forum, its the best education you will find. GOOD LUCK.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Self employed tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all; We're looking at hiring skilled Wall/floor tilers to join our team in Canberra...
Replies
Views
Muhammad fiaz
M
Bedrock Tiles are proud to announce some seriously climate, complimenting news that we have...
Replies
Views
Due to a set of unforeseen circumstances in my life i'm having to completely reassess my...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi all, So glad to have stumbled across this website. I completed a Tiling course last year and...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Self employed tiler
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.