Discuss Self levelling compound in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sugargirl

Hi
I'm new to the forum and need some good advice. We are tiling a small bathroom floor about 158cm x 258cm. We have removed the old cork tiles that were on the floor previously and have scraped and hand sanded the floor left behind.
We now want to tile with ceramic tiles but Im not sure if we need to level off the floor with self levelling compound. Is it absolutely necessary? Or can we get away with just tiling directly onto the floor as it is now? My partner thinks the floor is even enough ... Can we get away with not doing it?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Self levelling compound in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
So I may have done an oopsie. We are putting self-levelling compound down over floor where I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I’m nearly there with a bathroom tiling Project and managed to make it this far before getting...
Replies
Views
Will this work? (top to bottom) tiling (one room), 12mm laminate (other room) 19mm T&G chipboard...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB