Discuss setting out in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

morris

Hi I am embarking on my first bath room and just wondering about setting out. I understand the general principles but was just wondering about tiling a narrow return wall at the end of bath. could I get away with full tile and cut in the corner or would it be advisable to centre and cut 2 tiles to centre. Also do window reveals need to match the position of the rest of the tiles. I have seen bath rooms where the grout line in the window reveal is staggered??Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

M

Mr Tiler

I have a question about setting out actually its more meeting the grout joints at the end... when tiling a full room you start at one point... and end up back where you started.... but how can you do this in a way that you know when the last few tiles you put on the wall will meet the grout joints from the tiles you first put on the wall does this make sense? if not ignore the post lol

M

morris

Thanks for the replies even I knew about the level trick!! I was originally referring to small wall returns both either side of the door one was to ceiling and the other bath to ceiling. if I was using a small tile wouldn't be a problem but using 600 wide. Hope this not too confusing but do I measure centre and cut 2 tiles either side for a centre grout line or do I do a full tile door side then a small cut in the corner. thanks again for the replies its much appreciated

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to setting out in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Dear Tilers, my husband has done a lot of tiling, but would really like your advice please. He...
Replies
Views
Quick question about setting up for tiling a 16m2 space in garden. I know the addage about doing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB