Discuss shadowing/ on the job training in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mark84

Hi everyone, ill get straight to the point, im 29 and currently in full time employment as an engineer for a small company, basically a dead end job! Ive recently had a little girl with my mrs and want to do everything possible to provide the best i can for them both and have been looking at getting into some kind of trade and tiling is the one that from what ive seen and read would suit me the most.
Anyway, what im after is shadowing a tiler for long enough to learn the trade in an 'on the job' style, as i said im in full time employment and have a young daughter so dont really have the time/ money to give up work and go off to college and ive always believed you learn best by getting your hands dirty and learning from someone who actually does the job, not from someone in a classroom who will give you a text book and a perfectly even surface to tile.
Are there any tilers on here in the Bolton area who would be willing to let me shadow them in return for free labour etc? Or someone who could atleast point me in the right direction.
Sorry if this is a bit cheeky Im just trying to better myself to provide a better life for my family.
Cheers for any help/ advice.

M

mark84

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom lads but i was looking more for some kind of friendly/ helpful advice rather than abuse, hence the 'or atleast point me in the right direction' part of my post.

I am just an ordinary bloke trying to do the best for his family, not 'stealing peoplea business' or looking for a free ride, if anyone reading this is after similar advice, id suggest enrolling on some kind of course like i have myself and going from there.

And deano £140 a day? Think ill stick with your mrs, shes much cheaper son.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to shadowing/ on the job training in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Tilers labourer wanted, looking for someone who would like to learn the trade, will also be...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB