Guest viewing is limited

Discuss shoddy tiling - possible to remove travertine in one piece? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Our "tiler" started today doing dining room (joins our lounge into open plan extension.)

tiling looks pretty poor in places with uneven corners (up to 3 mm height difference) and edges in places.

He has said earlier today that would not take up as the cat had stood on it (in one case) whilst he was putting down - despite having not layed further tiles around at that time and having the opportunity to correct..

Other sections are unevenly layed with various corner sunk/raised and tiles not matching up nicely in terms of level moving from one to the other.

Im now left with decision to make tomorrow - either he puts right or he gets out and i end up taking them up and doing in my own time at massive incovenience and cost (i layed lounge together with friend.)

Should the latter happen and i have quite a number to remove - is their a method for getting them up whole once the adhesive has dried?

help and suggestions appreciated

thanks

d

i will register but its time for bed tonight

J

jay

as above dont let him continue,,what size is your cat the size of bagpuss?:svengo:

images

dont think the cat liked that comment Kilty

U

Unregistered

Thanks replies all.

He has after much moaning corrected the "cat" tile - they are barely a year old, and not lumpy great moggies!

The others i have pointed out, he has made his excuses and very begrudgingly agreed to correct, albeit i can see once finished there will be a few that ultimately i will end up sorting out in the longer term as it will niggle at me that they are not "perfect."

Took me and friend best part of two weeks to tile the lounge, luckily i was on gardening leave and just kicking round at home in the winter weather, so a couple of hours a day was no problem amongst my other decorating tasks - however, the floor we layed is spot-on - level in very direction, with 2 or 3 very minor lips over an area of getting on for 25m2. For a first attempt i was very pleased with result (fotos to follow.)

Guess if i do want to remove any its just going to be the smash and replace option, sadly

cheers

Reply to shoddy tiling - possible to remove travertine in one piece? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
shoddy tiling - possible to remove travertine in one piece?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.