Discuss shower/bath combi - waterproofing in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

matomato

Hi All,

My first post here,

I would say I am a decent enough DIY'er and have begun the renovation of my bathroom. in particular the tiling around the bath/shower (combined not cubical shower).

the tiles when we moved in were poorly layed, i.e. uneven with lipping and leftover grout on the face of tiles. basically it looked rubbish. I have now removed the large existing tiles which unfortunately tore a large hole in the plasterboard behind. as i understand this happens quite often with tile removals. i have since re boarded with standard off the shelf boards. (in heinsight i would have bought aqua boards but it is a bit late now).

My plan is to prime, tape and membrane the boards with ever build tanking products then begin to lay the tiles, i have 330x330x8mm porcelain glazed tiles weighing 17kg sqm. i have read that the premixed Wickes adhesive will not be sufficient for this type of tile even though the pack states it should be fine. any advice on my progress/plan so far?

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to shower/bath combi - waterproofing in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB