UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss shower cubicle preperation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

billy whizz

hi guys - Ive joined this tilers forum hoping that you guys can save me wasting lots of money by doing the job properly..anyway, about 5 years ago we had a quadrant shower fitted in our new bathroom..the bathroom walls are of thermalite blocks which were bonded and the a finishing coat was applied..the walls of the shower were then tiled...now 5 years on the tiles have come loose and the grout has cracked and is letting in water...im gonna rip the shower unit/tray out and start from scratch..im going to get aquapanel which im going to attach to the walls via battons which im goining to treat with several coats of yacht varnish...ok so the aquapanels are fixed onto the battons via aquapanel screws...as i will only have a few aqaupanel boards only in the shower i only have a few joints one each on the walls and one were the panels meet at the joining walls my questions are

is it ok to seal the joints first with some silicon sealant ?

the apply some joint tape over the joints....what do i cover the joint tape with ?

then fix the tiles onto the aquapanel boards...what adhesive do i use and what grout ?

before tiling do i also tank the boards ? what is tanking.?

the aquapanels will run all the way from the ceiling to the floor..

cheers

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to shower cubicle preperation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello. Doing... ( extremely slowly ).. a walk-in shower & additional soaking tub area 1) What...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.