UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Shower cubicle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Again not exactly.

If altering the tiles and therefore the depth is what is happening. This will in some cases alter the fitting of your enclosure. This depends on the type of enclosure you have. For example:

If you have a quadrant then it will alter the fitting. The liklihood is you'll have a channel that's fixed to the wall which the enclosure slots into. You then drill through the side of the channel into the enclosure and screw together. These scrwes are 3mm generally. So yes minor adjustments in size would offset the hole drilled previously. Re-drilling would then not provide a secure fixing. Turning chanels upside down would possibly solve this. As long as your installer wasn't suffering from OCD and measured where he was going to drill so it was all uniform.

Like i say depends on the type and make of enclosure.

M

mattle40

I hate that feeling... You just know everything will end up needing extra this n that, re-boarding etc just to confirm their thoughts in their eyes at least..
I'm sure everything will go fine, all you can do is explain the situation and show your knowledge of products etc and if they pick you based on that then you just do your job!
I did a job once and had the exact same feeling, and similar situation with the reboarding
I explained I would try to save the substrate etc but was unlikely,
Long story short I ended up paying for the quality gear I needed rather than the cheap stuff they wanted out of my pocket just for my peace of mind!!!! Aghh never again tho!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
"There's no such thing as problems, only solutions"..........................AliGage:07052012

Chances are it will be fine, but i always try to look at the end result first and work backwards to ensure it'll all work. You don't want to end up with a situation of re-fitting a wall to wall slider and finding the gap just ain't big enough anymore. You then have to grinder out your tiles? Source a new or different door?

"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail"......................................Someone else said this, not sure who but it was a long long time ago!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower cubicle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.