Discuss Shower door in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnfrench10

Hi

I have to fit a shower door in to a recess which is 830 mm wide. Unfortunately every shower door I can find will fit a recess 750-800 mm or 850-900 wide.

Unless you guys have any other suggestions the only think I can think to do is screw a batton on the the wall to take up 30 mm or so and then fit the smaller shower door. The shower recess is moisture plasterboard and I am going to tank it with Mapegum. If I apply the tanking to the wooden batton and tile on to that will that be OK?

Thanks guys

I

Ian

I can either tile before or after the door goes on but the gap with the tiles on first will still be too large for a standard door. It is a small room and needs to be a bi-fold door and I can't find the right size anywhere at a sensible price.

Will a wooden stud, tanked with Mapegum and then tiled work OK?

So if you tile first, then put the door on (this is how I would do it) how much gap would you have then? I don't like the idea of a tanked wooden batton.

Reply to Shower door in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m fitting a Nova Frameless 1000 x 800 Sliding Door Shower Enclosure with a low profile...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Are there any BS standards covering this please I have recently had 3 sides of a shower tiled...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Shower door
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.