UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Shower fittings in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I have a job coming up this week where they have stripped the tiles off but the new tiles are a fair bit thicker than the old ones and that gives me a problem that the 2 threaded shower connectors wont protrude though the wall enough to get the 2 threaded chrome pips covers back on. Probably about 3-4mm too short now. I have 2 options so far, 1 grind 4mm off the old chrome covers or 2, replace with Talon pipe covers..... not sure if they would work though.

Any ideas ?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
The usual standard fittings are 2 x 3/4'' to 1/2'' off set z connectors that screw into 1/2'' female irons. If this is the case, which it should be unless a bar mixer installation kit has been used, then putting lots of ptfe on the 1/2'' end of the z connectors will allow you to gain the 4-5mm you need to screw the escutcheons on and be leak free.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower fittings in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I finally have some walls and levels to work off for setting out. Here's the wall I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.