Discuss Shower Grout Removal in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Derek Budd

I am trying to remove the grout between the wall tiles in the shower as it is discoloured. The grout is very hard with few cracks. I have tried the Vitrex tool which is useless on this grout, Dremel bit which works but is very slow and now the Bosch PMF 180 with the grout blade but it is so slow and the blade is relatively thick.

Does anyone have any suggestions please, it would be appreciated.

I don't want to chip the tiles.

Thanks Derek

C

charlie1

What about one of these >>>> Vitrex 'Grout Out' Electric Grout Remover - 240v £17.99 in stock - next day UK delivery

video here >>>> [video=youtube;nrurZ_ZnONs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nrurZ_ZnONs[/video]

Ive tried one of these in display in b&q, utter rubbish, you would be quicker retiling, it also chips the tile quite a bit, I questioned the guy in the shop about the chipping, he said you won't see the chips when the new grout goes back in.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower Grout Removal in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB