Discuss Shower room floor / wet room / tanking advice in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

S

starvinmarvin

Hi all....

This is my first post as i've been lurking in the background so to speak. I need some advice if possible on my shower room floor install....Its a metre squared shower room in my basement flat which has been suitably tanked. I've got a centrally located trap / drain with adequate fall....but the problem is that I need to know what materials to use under the tiles? as i'm not sure normal adhesive will cut it?? I'm sure it won't?

I've got small 950 x 950 tiles to use:

Would these butt straight up to the trap? Which grout should I use? Any general advice would be great!!

Thank you in advance.

Starvin.

S

starvinmarvin

Hi, what tanking has been used...?

Hi, the sub floor has been prepared with a bitumen roll (industry recognised) which runs up the walls and overlaps in the floor. This has been plastered / rendered over using several coats with Sika tanking additive in. ON top of this is the solid concrete floor This has all been sealed all around albeit by my father in law who has over 40 years building experience.

Hope this answers your question?

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower room floor / wet room / tanking advice in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB