Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Shower tray fitted into alcove -tiled on three sides in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David Jones

I have a 1100mm x 900m resin shower tray to slot into a cob and stone alcove with a solid floor, with no space for stud work.
The alcove has been panelled with 18mm marine ply and the floor raised with 4 pieces of 100mm x 75mm timber with 18mm ply on top, the tray will sit on 6-10mm of floor tile cement adhesive. A gap of 6-8mm has been left around the three sides between the tray and the ply.
Then to Aquapanel (12.5mm) the walls down to 6-8mm above the tray then tile down to 4mm above the tray. Knauf have advised not to seal or tank the ply or Aquapanel.
The planned sealer adhesive is Everbuild PLUMBERS GOLD between the walls of the tray and the ply and the bottom of the Aquapanel.

So questions

Do I prime the ply with say waterproof Unibond or Bonda Wood Hardener diluted with acetone, just where the PLUMBERS GOLD needs to stick.

Will PLUMBERS GOLD fill a gap that big (8mm) or would a gap filler be better say Pink Stuff

Will the standard Aquapanel 40mm screws hold Aquapanel into 18mm ply or to use adhesive as well or a shorter screw.

Screw the Aquapanel screws in with gentle care or the usual Makita Impact driver

Will PLUMBERS GOLD hold the tray in place.

Any advice and ideas greatly appreciated.

Regards David

Reply to Shower tray fitted into alcove -tiled on three sides in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've taken on the task of tiling my own kitchen, and before I wreck everything and...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Shower tray fitted into alcove -tiled on three sides
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.