Discuss Shower tray - fixing... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

paulames

Hi,

I fitted a shower tray about a month ago. To do this I pulled up the current floor boards where I wanted the tray and replaced with 18mm ply. I have then fixed with Keraquick with some latex mixed in. Its been down about a month and today after cleaning some tiles with some warm water I pored the water onto the tray to the waste. The tray made some cracking noises as if the tray had come away from the adhesive which is annoying. Should I be worried?

This is ths shower tray... Aura Rectangle Shower Trays - AuraLite Rectangle Shower Tray 900 x 800mm White

Thanks

B

Bubblecraft

Are you sure it came from the tray itself? It could be the waste pipe, soil pipe or even the trap. Pouring hot water down you waste will cause you pipe to expand which causes a cracking noise. You generally don't hear it as you have your shower running.

To test, pour a bucket of cold water down the waste then straight after it, pour hot water down. If there is no noise with the cold water but you hear the cracking with the hot, it's definitely expansion & nothing to worry about.

I cannot see your tray coming away if you have used a 2 part on top of 18mn ply

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower tray - fixing... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB