Discuss Shower tray gap in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davo66

Does anyone have any ideas on the neatest way to deal with the 15mm gap that's left between my shower tray and the tiled floor surface?

The tray is enamelled steel 1400mm in length and although the feet are at the lowest setting, it's still 15mm higher than the tiles. The tiles are 300 x 600mm grey porcelain.

The options I'm considering are:

1 Slivers of 10mm tile cut to match the joints on the floor.

2 A single strip of white corian siliconed into place

Any opinions?

D

davo66

Cheers for the suggestions,

I'm preferring the mosaic idea as I'm guessing it could sit completely under the tray and won't protrude any further onto the floor.

I'd rather not interrupt the neat lines of the enamel tray with a UPvc skirting buildout.

Any idea if mosaic strips are available as narrow as 10mm? I've just checked the gap and it's only 12mm deep at the shallowest end.

Cheers,

Davo

D

davo66

That's correct, it's the gap between the floor to the underside edge of the tray. It's on the side of the tray as the screen and door though, so it will need to be a good seal to prevent ingress of drips from when the door is opened after showering. I'm currently experimenting with cutting an 8mm strips of the same tile as the floor. To fit underneath, but am experiencing chips on the tile - which is probably a subject for another post

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower tray gap in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views
W
on from my previous post about tiling over plasterboard, ( thanx for the replies ), and believe...
Replies
Views
weirdfish
W
As per the title, I have a 1170 recess and the customer wants me to replace the shower and...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB