UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Shower tray not flush to wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello All,

I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to put Mapei shower waterproofing kit on the walls and then tile down to it, but the gap looks too big for the 7mm tiles I wish to use. What are my options? The gap is about 10mm one end and just shy of 15mm in the corner. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4303.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4304.jpeg
    598 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4305.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 40

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah as above cut into the wall, tray right into it so the tile covers it 10mm more. Waterproof it right to above the shower, tile it, a really nice thin silicone bead about 6mm then smoothed off with a finger a water in a mug (don't lick your finger as the stuff is cancerous) and a tiny bit of washing up liquid in the mug will help you get a smooth finish and not get too much on your finger.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower tray not flush to wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.