Discuss Shower tray tile problems. Any ideas? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dingabell

Trying to put right a shower that was badly tiled by someone else. There was a lip on the edge of the shower tray to tile in front of to stop any water going behind it. Instead, they didn't install it against the wall, and have consequently tiled down to the top of it. This means they've then had to smear the silicone about 12mm up to it to try to get a seal between the tray and bottom row of tiles, which hasn't worked and is now splitting which could lead to a leak. I thought about siliconing an 'L' shaped piece of trim all round the bottom row to try and make it water tight but can't find anything suitable. Other than that I can only think of creating a small upstand along the bottom row, topped off with normal trim? This doesn't seem ideal. Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower tray tile problems. Any ideas? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB