UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Shower tray, with lip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

You know the type, 20mm up stance, sometimes two edges sometimes all the way round. I usually get the customer a 'plain' (no up stance) tray, recess into the wall, silicon, tile onto tray, silicon job done. This week repaired two showers with up stances, usual water damage. Tiles overlap into the tray but any water ingression cannot escape due to siliconed bottom edge' Hence water gathers behind the tile.
Take tanking membrane out of the equation for a minute, and tell me, are these (lipped) trays meant to be siliconed (look rubbish if they are not) A site manager has told one of my customers that they are not

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I have one to tile in a couple of weeks,again leak problem in a millionaire pad !!
The shop sold them a new lipped tray and said they'll have no more leaks,lol.
I told them to make sure the plumber sinks it into wall.
I had a argument with a plumber a few years ago about him not sinking them,him and the customer wanted me to tilt the bottom row of tiles ! so it was.... yuk.

you should of just tilted the bottom row of tiles out like he asked you to and laughed at him when he tried to fix the shower surround.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower tray, with lip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I have a minor issue with where my shower tray is going. The ensuite is an L shape and the...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.