Discuss Shower wall structure in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ir50

I'm replacing a bath with 1200 x 800 shower.
Old tiles are off walls. The wall that is the shorter side of the shower and will have the controls is ply upto about half height. The rest was plasterboard but came off with the tiles. The longer side wall is made of the pink soundproofing board with insulation on back so don't want to remove that. Tiles came off this quite clean- just need to clean left behind adhesive a bit.

So what do i do with shorter wall?

1. Remove ply and reboard in PB and then tank both walls?
2. Leave ply and fill in rest with ply or PB and tank both walls?

Is there really any point to using a backerboard rather than above if tanking anyway?

Any preference over the tanking matting eg homelux or the paint on tanking shower kit from Mapei apart from drying time

Thanks in advance

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower wall structure in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm redoing my bathroom that I did 15 odd years ago. Before it was tiled with 20x20...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice please. I just started doing my en suite. I have a shower...
Replies
Views
I am about to tile a shower room. The shower tray which has been installed is 1100 but a 1200...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R
L
Hello there. We've just bought our first home and having moved in last week, we are about to...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB