Discuss Showroom Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Rick-o

TF
Arms
Guernsey C.I
Morning all,
Does anybody know the best way to tile a (easy to remove if need be bathroom) in a tile shop showroom?? I have a display to tile which is a small(ish) area 4-5m2 using metro type tiles. The tiles may need to be taken off the wall in future and replaced with another tile/display, is there any way to do this? They have talked about some type of thin polystyrene type material? It would be onto a ply substrate if it makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

T

Tile Shop

For anyone reading, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

We use a combination of Silicone and a glue gun for anything that is likely to be up for no more than 12 months. for metros, a small Dot of glue in each corner and a small dab of silicone in the middle.

But beware, if a customer watches you do it and doesn't ask your advise, they assume its the way its supposed to be done. We've had that happen twice :)

Anyway, when you come to take them off, the glue should peel away with a little gentle tap.............. with a lump-hammer and bolster chisel. You may find it easier to remove if you use a chip-board primed with a dilute PVA (leave to settle for at least 24 hours before tiling it).

Well thats my life over and its straight to hell for me. I've just advised to prime with PVA, and to use glue and silicone to dot'n'dab wall tiles to chipboard!

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
For anyone reading, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

We use a combination of Silicone and a glue gun for anything that is likely to be up for no more than 12 months. for metros, a small Dot of glue in each corner and a small dab of silicone in the middle.

But beware, if a customer watches you do it and doesn't ask your advise, they assume its the way its supposed to be done. We've had that happen twice :)

Anyway, when you come to take them off, the glue should peel away with a little gentle tap.............. with a lump-hammer and bolster chisel. You may find it easier to remove if you use a chip-board primed with a dilute PVA (leave to settle for at least 24 hours before tiling it).

Well thats my life over and its straight to hell for me. I've just advised to prime with PVA, and to use glue and silicone to dot'n'dab wall tiles to chipboard!
Exactly how we do it. Though we also put a heavy gauge lining paper onto OSB and tile with addy!

O

Old Mod

Any mosaic borders? My local shop stick em on with Velcro ;)
Mosaic borders should be outlawed!
They belong with coloured bathroom suits....... in the skip!
There I said it! :D

offtopic-929432.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Showroom Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I've just seen patches of tile backer board with patches where something looks to have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB