UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

KL Tiling

Morning all,

I guess this is something which is continually going to be discussed but I'd like your opinions if possible please.

I install mostly natural stone and therefore use my trusty wet cutter most of the time (2KW Montolit which cuts anything!).

I also from time to time do ceramic and porcelain however.
My Rubi TS60 is fine for ceramics but just cannot handle harder porcelains and I nearly always end up having to resort to the Monty!
The Monty will handle anything thrown at it but porcelain does some damage to the rather expensive blades.
I'm therefore looking at a more capable manual cutter.
Montolit do a good range but I don't know much about their manual cutters.
I've been looking at the Rubi TX700 and the Sigma 3B (or 3BM, but not sure about losing the extra 30mm!).

I guess my question is basically which of these machines is better at handling Grade 5 porcelain?
I've only ever used Rubi for manual cuts and my current machine just cannot cope so do I upgrade the Rubi or switch to Sigma?
Also does anybody know the performance difference between the 3B and the 3BM (apart from the 30mm cutting size).

The cost isn't such a massive issue as I'm more concerned with the performance and the difference between the machines isn't massive anyway.

Many thanks,

Karl

S

Sigma UK

Hello, The 3B 63cm has the standard handle (score backwards) traditional style Sigma. The 3BM 60cm has the new MAX handle score forwards.

Key features of the MAX range are

1200kg sliding breaker
cut's up to 20mm porcelain
carbide wheel on bearings for textured tiles
Sprung loaded breaking feet and wheel
Height adjustable centre bar
clear acrylic feet to provent marke on high polished porcelain
5 year warranty
wheels last a 900sqm or more
also cheaper than most pro cutters on the market.

I would say go for the Sigma:thumbsup:

F

florin66

Hi all, i have a rubi TX 700 N and a Sigma... for porcelain up to 60x60 rubi is ok but for the bigger tiles i laid ( 80x80,90x45 ) i found Sigma more reliable.
Actually i have started a bloc of 55 flats where walls and floors are travertin,and of course i am usind the wet cutter for the visible cuts but i am also using the Sigma for the cuts that are not visible. Sigma gives me a good clean cut ( of course i have to check the tile for consistency,hidden cracks). i only waisted 3-4 tiles in about 100 sqm.
So, Sigma for me!

L

Lodger

Hi, I bought the sigma 900 cutter from eBay last year. The seller started his tiling business in Stoke then found it hard finding work. He gave me 2 handles for the cutter, which looked like he had just used once to me. In fact the whole kit looked as gud as new, so I was happy with the purchase.
Lately I have been getting large format tiling jobs, so after reading reviews on here, and one turning up on eBay, it was time to part with some cash.
I must admit, the cutter is very very good. Porcelain tiles are as easy as cutting ceramic tiles on my rubi ts-50 plus. I can cut 20mm slithers of tile in porcelain, which is amazing.
You can't go wrong with a Sigma!!!

S

Sigma UK

Also the 3CM is a MAX model for the Sigma. 1200kg breaker. Anything with M at the end means Max. the 3C means it has a standard handle "score backwards" the MAX is a push score. They also have a Klick Klock handle which is reversable. Means it flips over. backwards or forwards. The bases are the same its just the handle type you can choose. I would go the MAX range easy to use and lot's of power.

just ordered a montolit 75p2 last night from tradetiler, do you think it will cut these ok?

IMAG1028.jpg

Reply to Sigma 3B/3BM v Rubi TX 700 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
I have noticed that the majority of you gents/ladies use Sigma the odd person is still with...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.