Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss sigma tile cutters? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

stedlocks

Hi, i'm looking at getting a new cutter for a big job I have starting on the 6th of August.......

currently I use a rubi ts50 plus for the dry cuts (superb bit of kit!) and a plasplugs contractor plus wet cut wheel (again, superb for the money...cuts everything!!)

There have been a couple of jobs that I have done lately which required a bigger cutter than the one I have so I thought I'd bite the bullet and get a bigger one

I was thinking of a rubi tx-700 but I keep finding mention of sigmas and montolit and another one (raymondo??) and these all look very similar.

my question is, do you 'push' to scribe the cut or 'pull'?

I can't make it out 100% from the pictures I have seen.:)

I know there wil be people who swear by them, but I don't want to shell out a load of dough for a cack cutter...........i'd rather pay the £300 for the tx and know it will work spot on (and its a 'push' scribe cutter) with the moveable breaker system on it

cheers,Pat

S

stedlocks

well i used a mates tr600 the other week for some 60x60 porcs and it wasn't man enough to cut them clean and the breaker was marking the tiles so we had to put a bit of rag in between .......i didn't like it to be fair although i knew it would be fine on something else........i just think it was a bit small as the tiles just squeezed in...

does anyone know a cheaper place than £280 delivered for the tx 700??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Stick with rubi and you cant go wrong.......the sigma cutters look good but i'm like you i tend to use what has always worked for me......if you want to look at the sigma's then here's a link for you.....with a video of how they work.......

European Tile Masters - Tile Cutters, Trowels, Grouting Systems, Wetsaws, Tile Tools

Stop that video at 1 minute and checkout the dodgy edge on the beige triangle nearest to you.

And checkout how hard the guy forces the scribe down what looks like a ceramic tile (normlly relly easy with a rubi?). He does it just before the pan out to the cut tiles on the floor, cutting a black tile in half.
----
239 Ex vat with free postage at buybrandtools.com Really good customer service imo. I Buy from them regularly, heres a link Rubi TX/TX-S Professional Tile Cutters hope that helps

That's £280.83. So about £28 cheaper than ************** and a few pence off the ebay price. Assuming there's no returns etc on ebay I'd be sending my order in to buybrandtools.com myself.

Last edited:
T

tile55

Great for removing the bottoms of skirtings so you can slide the tile in, looks a very nice finish.

Also for trimming pelmets, kickplates/plinths, removing grout and tile adhesive removal.
A good investment allround.
TX900 for me, will do most sizes of tile. Porcelain no problem, even the most hardest of pocelain tiles are able to be cut with this cutter.:8:

Reply to sigma tile cutters? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’m about to do a patio around a pool outside. I’ve been looking at manual scribe and...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Sigma 66cms 2B3 tile cutter (I normally do small jobs, standard size tiles) but...
Replies
Views
L

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
sigma tile cutters?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 30.7%