Discuss sigmas in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cone

I have a sigma 740 and 510 and about to purchase the 930 but wanting to know what length cuts can be done with the 930 before it gets tricky. When I say tricky, on the 740, when I bought it in the description it said 720 cuts but when I put a 720 tile into it, I have an awful amount of messing about to do with raising and lowering the scoring bar to get a full score on the tile and more times than enough, I chip a tile when cutting. Really these 740s IMO are only decent for cutting 600x600 tiles and its got me thinking about the 930, I'm sure it would be the same and at a guess, they'd only be useful for cutting 700ish tiles. Would I be correct.

C

cone

I switched to Sigma from Rubi & should have done it long before I did.
Once you get used to the cutting action of a Sigma you won't go back near a Rubi,
I'm not saying Rubi are bad cutters it's just that Sigma are a step above for cutting a wide variety of tiles.
I've got the max series as I prefer a push cut, I still can't get on with a pull cut.

I've never used a push cut, always been a pull though I'm starting to feel it in my wrist :(

C

cone

I changed from rubi to sigma but I use the max (push) series, and same as others wouldn't change back. I use the 620mm and cuts 600mm fine but all depends on the tile thickness for the height, closer to the maximum size it's going to need to be level. No one ever has bigger tiles for me to warrant buying bigger version :sofahide:
Code:

I've installed 720 tiles in few jobs sinse last summer and cutting them with the 740 is a pain in the 4rse. I've also started to see the bigger tiles more regularly in tile stores so its time to upgrade IMO to save myself some stress next time I get a job with bigger tiles.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to sigmas in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
I am about to start tiling the walls and have spent a long time planning the setting out of all...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB