Discuss Sign of the Times in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

With the ever increasing number of business failures I was saddened to discover that Classic Tiles Limited in Blaydon near Newcastle had ceased trading. From what I can see, they closed suddenly before Christmas and there's no word on what's happening to the staff, stock or business as a whole. I regularly sent clients there to look at tiles and got referrals back as a result. Nice guys, decent products and prices. A shame.

T

Time's Ran Out

It was just a question of time!
Unlike some areas of the country where you can travel 30 miles for a packet of spacer pegs, here in the North East there must be 10 large sheds/showrooms within 2miles of where they were based, and at least 30 outlets within that 30 mile radius.
The problem is everyone thinks that they can do it, open a unit, buy some stock and wait for the hundreds of 'tilers' who also think that they can do it.
I have Travertine in a bathroom that cost £84 a metre 15 years ago ( it is quality) but some are selling pumice stone as travertine for £12 a metre and expecting it to be as cheap to fit!!!!!!!
The economy will sort out the industry and then those that should be here will still be here.
But be careful - it's a jungle out there.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sign of the Times in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
G
  • Question
Topps Piles of Tiles with Smiles A review by WormThatTurned Author's product rating...
Replies
Views
GazTech
G

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB