UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Silicon Prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

Uses for methylated spirits

More on Methylated spirit and it's dangers.

under H&S you check the lable on every product which will have symbols to highlight the dangers
meths has an irritant sticker so you refer to your cosh sheet for the precautions you need to take on handling

this covers every product you use , cosh sheets can be found on line or free from the suppliers

S

StephenR

I used to use meths, kept big bottle in van and always used it to prep silicon joints. And then on a couple of jobs, I got discolouration in the grount from the meths; the purple dye stained. I had some acetone around so started using that with great success but it ran out yesterday and it's very difficult to find now.

I know about corner tape wipes but is there an alternative to coloured meths or acetone?

thanks,

Stephen

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Silicon Prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
S
Help! Is there some magic art to silicone sealing? I've re-sealed the same area behind a sink...
Replies
Views
goodfellow
G
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
S
Hi All, I would like to say firstly what a great website this is and cant believe the time and...
Replies
Views
Max@ableskills
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.