Discuss Silicone splashbacks in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Looking for advice.. I have recently done a few splashbacks where the worktops are a good 10mm away from the out of square walls.. I also always put first tile a couple of mm above worktop.. When i come to siliconing tiles to top it all bloody vanishes down the back of worktops!!!... Any techniques out there?? I thought about trying expanding foam first, but didnt want to make things worse??

S

Spare Tool

That's joiners for ya...backheel it to the tiler instead of spending half an hour scribbing the back of the worktops...:incazzato:
Couple of solutions, if its a corner to corner run with cupboards above or tiled to the ceiling rapid set or drywall some plasterboard over whole length then tile ontop of that.
Or if its just a dip just sbr then a skim of rapid set to dip in wall.
Or use a thicker notch trowel and pack out tiles gradually blending back to wall as you go, obviously use standard set not bucket addy.
How come you leave a 2mm gap between tile and worktop, I might get corrected on this one but long as worktops level and flat over joints etc I sit tiles onto worktop, grout down the joints to worktop.. then nice thin bead of matching silicone, job done :thumbsup:
Ps...dropped a £10 stainless steel ruler down one of said gaps last month, couldn't get kickers off to retrieve it as they were well and truly wedged on, so that's where it still is.. lucky I had a spare with me.
Hope that helps

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Silicone splashbacks in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Are there any BS standards covering this please I have recently had 3 sides of a shower tiled...
Replies
Views
Just about to start tiling the final wall in my kitchen I've tiled all the way around up to the...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi folks, new to the forum and I'm a DIY novice with no tiling experience to speak of. Been...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
Hello, Could someone explain me what is splashback tiles kitchen? One of my clients requested...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB