UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Silicone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

flashharry

Hi all,
It's my first post and it may sound like a bit of a daft question but it is genuine. What did people use before they had silicone?
The reason I'm asking is that I've just got back from spending some time in Italy and, as well as loving food, football and women, Italians love tiles. Tiles in the bathrooms, tiles in the kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, closets, patios, everywhere. But one thing I couldn't help notice is that you never see any silicone. I stayed in a number of different places and always made a point of checking in the shower and I never saw any silicone, anywhere.
Unfortunately, my italian's not that great and I never met any Italian tilers. So does anyone here know? How do Italian tilers manage to make do without silicone?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Silicone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
S
I recently had a downstairs bedroom extension with en-suite built for my elderly parents as they...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.