Discuss Silicosis in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

had a visit yesterday from a relative from Australia, two of my dads brothers have been out there since the 60s, all 3 were tilers, now in there late 60s, one of them has had to have a lung out due to silicosis, the doctors have said its years of dust from cutting tiles, bad times, it brings it home now carefull we need to be. I use disposable masks quite a lot as I have found some larger ones a bit of a pain but it's convinced me to step it up and wear one more, especially with today's modern materials

O

Old Mod

You hear asbestos all the time but there is so much more to get you in the end.
s11837.gif
*sings*
"'s a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy"
Don't worry, be happy now

O

Old Mod

That mask, I'm sure is fantastic but it's too much for me. I need a mask that I can put on and take off easily, with filters I can change. Mask for life! That's gonna protect me from nmp dust, adhesive, the lot. And ideas ?
You put it on and take it off just like a baseball cap.
It has an impact resistant face shield.
It has pre filters that are simply changed
and extend the life of the main filter 10 fold.
The filters screw on and off in less than one turn.
You charge it at the end of the day, it cannot be overcharged.
When the day comes when you may need glasses it doesn't matter, they fit underneath no problem.
You have full peripheral vision, it doesn't steam up.
It save having to wear protective goggles.
Everything is replaceable.
How bloody simple do you want! Haha

I

Italy

You put it on and take it off just like a baseball cap.
It has an impact resistant face shield.
It has pre filters that are simply changed
and extend the life of the main filter 10 fold.
The filters screw on and off in less than one turn.
You charge it at the end of the day, it cannot be overcharged.
When the day comes when you may need glasses it doesn't matter, they fit underneath no problem.
You have full peripheral vision, it doesn't steam up.
It save having to wear protective goggles.
Everything is replaceable.
How bloody simple do you want! Haha
also the hole for the cigarette?
otherwise it is a problem ..... ;)

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
I know what your saying and it's great, but if not the one for me! I need something I can have on my head then drop down to use, I don't want to be taking something on and off all the time. It's ok for mixing but if hour back and forth to the grinder a lot. I don't wear eye protection, just small ear protectors

I've tried alsorts of masks mate, have never found anything thats too quick and easy for on and off, the jsp replaceable filter ones are best, 3m do a reasonable one in screwfix but no replaceable filters, but no matter what you go for, it will be a faf around with straps up round the back of your head, but if you find something good that I've missed let me know

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
That's the 3m one, jsp do several similar ones, with clip on changeable filters, about as comfortable as that one, but still with the over the head straps, although if you don't wear safety glasses with it, then yea it's not too bad getting on and off, still not a fan of either myself, but have no other option I've found yet

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton

Reply to Silicosis in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! A...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
Hello, I live in southern Spain in a top floor penthouse apartment (direct sun most of day) with...
Replies
Views
S
    • Agree
Hi Guys, Im quite a stickler for advocating the use of face masks and glasses when i am...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 49260
D
delurks Hi, My late mother did an 'interesting' tiling job, and I now want to make it look a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB