Discuss Skates? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Now having actually watched the video :D can't agree more, from an instructional point of view, it's poor, very poor.
However, (even tho I know I'm biting! :rolleyes:)
I'm fairly certain, that wasn't the point of the original post.
More the virtues of the product being advertised, which for anyone who has been a member on here for more than a dog watch knows, has been the cause of many a lively debate! :)
Hence my comment on picking a fight haha
Not as hotly contested as 'Rubi versus Sigma', but up there with the best of them.
Hope that clarifies things for u @Martino ;)

T

Tile Shop

Just wondered of anyone on here uses a skate like this and how beneficial actually are they?.....also those spacers take a lot of skill away from the tiler... Anyone can bang them down and use those spacers!

View: https://youtu.be/DUnk9W6PVMI
Oh dear...... don't tell @antonio you said that.

Whoops!

Notice he uses these on a lot of jobs. But he's certainly no DIYer. Someone said on a previous post they won't level you're floor but can be used to eliminate lips. And besides, the skill of the pro tiler doesn't stop at whether a floor is lip free. Thats only a mere 10% of what he/she can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Italy

Oh dear...... don't tell @antonio you said that.

Whoops!

Notice he uses these on a lot of jobs. But he's certainly no DIYer. Someone said on a previous post they won't level you're floor but can be used to eliminate lips. And besides, the skill of the pro tiler doesn't stop at whether a floor is lip free. Thats only a mere 10% of what he/she can do.
I'm tired of repeating what I think. Levelers are for apprentices. not for professional tiler.
antonio is an apprentice. and uses leveling

image.jpeg

Reply to Skates? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB