Discuss Skilled tiler required for kitchen floor and bathroom tiling in Solihull W Mids in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tileaddict

Hi

We're having our house renovated and have had a huge quote from our builder for the tiler that he uses. It seems massively expensive to us so want someone to come and quote for us as we'd rather get someone else in if our builder's contact is indeed expensive. We've not chosen tiles yet as it'll depend a lot on the cost of the tiling as we have a strict budget. The job entails:

1. Kitchen floor - 33 sq m with either Travertine or porcelain equivalent - maybe an opus pattern. Floor will go down before the kitchen is installed. Tiles will be over a new wet underfloor heating system.

2. Utility room (off kitchen) - 9 sq m which will be done in the same flooring as the kitchen also over a wet underfloor heating system.

3. Splashback to cloakroom basin (v. straightforward just behind small sink)

4. Ensuite bathroom: a floor of 4.5 sq m and walls (if fully tiled) of 21 sq m. Sanitaryware will be in situ (first fix) and consists of shower and wall hung loo and basin. Floor tiles will be over a dry mat electric underfloor heating system. We may have a couple of recesses built into false walls which will need tiling but that'll depend on the cost.

5. Family bathroom: a floor of 7 sq m and walls (again if fully tiled) of 24 sq m. Sanitaryware is a quadrant shower, bath and wall hung basin and loo. Same underfloor heating as the ensuite and ditto as regards recesses.

Hopefully there's someone who can help us out. We'd like mitred edges (no tiling strips) and will probably use large (ish) tiles on wall and floor although we've not chosen them yet.

As yet the bathrooms don't really exist (roof is currently going on) but we're happy to provide further details or a site visit if that would be helpful.

Regards
Ruth

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Skilled tiler required for kitchen floor and bathroom tiling in Solihull W Mids in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
Good evening. It's been a while.. I always visit when I need reliable advice, this is the most...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB