Discuss Skimming!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
plasterboard should be skimmed,if decorated,much much better job,a plasterboard is not tapered all the way around,so on the untapered edge,you get a bump,and can see it when painted.
and if its not done right,ie sanded,you can see it on the tapered edge as well.
in fact,they can stick drylineing where the sun don't shine for me,wet plastering all the way ;)
although drylining is much easier than wet plastering

S

Stewart

plasterboard should be skimmed,if decorated,much much better job,a plasterboard is not tapered all the way around,so on the untapered edge,you get a bump,and can see it when painted.
and if its not done right,ie sanded,you can see it on the tapered edge as well.
in fact,they can stick drylineing where the sun don't shine for me,wet plastering all the way ;)
although drylining is much easier than wet plastering

You must have some bad taper's in your area...... Give me taping over plastering anytime. Why skim over a perfect surface for decorating or tiling and be left with one that only looks like it's a flat even surface....

---
- Sent from iPhone.....

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
im a wet plasterer by trade,but all ceilings and partitions have always been plasterboard (except heritage jobs where they lathe and plaster)and skimmed,never taped. when drylining came out around here,we skimmed them,never taped(its what we were used to)to this day,i can skim walls quicker than tape them,but that just me.
enjoy your beer by the way ;)

J

jay

im a wet plasterer by trade,but all ceilings and partitions have always been plasterboard (except heritage jobs where they lathe and plaster)and skimmed,never taped. when drylining came out around here,we skimmed them,never taped(its what we were used to)to this day,i can skim walls quicker than tape them,but that just me.
enjoy your beer by the way ;)

thanks just find it interesting the joints dont crack with no tape///// Cougars not a beer by the way

cheers

A

Aston

its a fact that a skimmed plasterboard is more impact resistant and more fire resistant than a plaster board thats been taped.

problem is, many builders and plasterers over here, prepare the walls prior to the tiler doing their work. they have good intentions BUT they dont always understand that the weight ratio is reduced by doing this. they think the plasterboard is more durable with a coat of plaster. thats were i suppose places like this educate and do their bit.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Skimming!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Better apolgise for not being an active member for a couple of years. As per title, looking for...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Skimming!!!!!!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.