Discuss slate effect tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, i have recently laid slate effect porcelain tiles and since grouting the tiles have deveoloped a shiney sheen to them yet they are meant to be a dull surface, i have been told this has probably been caused by polymer in the grout, has anyone had this before and if so any recommendations to remove this.

this has only come about because something has been spilt on the floor and stained, but yet turning the area dull and the rest still with a shiny sheen

and help would be much appreciated

thanks
Ray

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Hi ray , I get lots of these, think your on the right track with a polymer smear, I tend to test our intensive cleaner 1-3 with pad and brushes 5-8 min per section cleaning every min. Rinse. If the contamination is really severe go as above with dash on either of the stripping agents.

If the tiles a discribed as nano sealed, if you choose the stripping agent this may cut to this and reduce reppeling effect dependant on type, you may want to apply a saturation of a suitable porc impregnator after all is dry to top up this protection which will also include the grout

Hi ray , I get lots of these, think your on the right track with a polymer smear, I tend to test our intensive cleaner 1-3 with pad and brushes 5-8 min per section cleaning every min. Rinse. If the contamination is really severe go as above with dash on either of the stripping agents.

If the tiles a discribed as nano sealed, if you choose the stripping agent this may cut to this and reduce reppeling effect dependant on type, you may want to apply a saturation of a suitable porc impregnator after all is dry to top up this protection which will also include the grout

thanks for your help, the only reason that this has come about is because the customer spilt ginger beer on the floor which has now stained, and when looking at the spare tiles that haven't been laid they are dull and so is area that is stained, it's the rest of the tiles that are shiny

a few people have been out to look at this job who the customer has called and as they are saying it's my fault they want me to pay for it to be rectified, my problem with that is that the companies are looking to charge between £400-£600 to strip the floor

floor is about 20sq metres and I think this is excessive so would like to tackle it my self, any links to some products I could use would be much appreciated

thanks
ray

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Once you get the test right, you could use our lithofin intensive cleaner as above and pad and brush.
twenty Sqm mornings work if all goes right . Call me tommorow morn on lithofin tech line 01962 732126 if you want me to run through fully, not a problem. The ginger beer being mildly acidic will cut into the polymer leaving an etch ,as will your cleaner cut back

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to slate effect tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi I have natural multicolour slate tiles in my kitchen . They have been very dull recently and...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB