UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Slate floor-customer not happy! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Had a call to go and quote a slate floor to clean. Arranged to go and do a test on the floor to show customer what we could do. customer was not at the house on the day i did the test but her son was. Did a few test areas and left. Got a call the following day and customer was not pleased :incazzato:'What happened to my floor'...Errrr i cleaned it! she said i do not want it that clean..can you not clean it so well. :lol: I said you either want it cleaned or not make up your mind. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Tunbridge wells floor 005.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Tunbridge wells floor 006.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Tunbridge wells floor 007.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Tunbridge wells floor 008.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 113
E

enduro

All we are doing is cleaning her floor back to its original state. We are not for instance trying to polish or hone the surface of the tile which would be carried out in an area out of the way. I always try and do a test area in a doorway, in front of a sink or cooker as these are the areas that get the most grease, dirt etc. No point doing a test clean on a bit that gets no traffic, you got to be sure you can clean the worst areas. Because if you get the job and you can not get these areas clean the customer will not be happy. customers husband saw the floor yesterday and emailed me this morning and he likes it as has instructed me to go ahead with the job. So good news there. I think she was shocked by how dirty it was.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Slate floor-customer not happy! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.