Discuss Slate sealer fila stone plus in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Petebk

Hi just bought multicolour slate to do my bathroom in. I bought with the tiles a 1l tin of fila stone plus which cost a whopping £35. I've read a thread where LTP mattstone is praised but that seems to be less than half the price!

1. Have I just been 'done' by buying fila stone plus or is it worth it?

2. Could I put a different sealer (eg LTP matt) on top of the fila stone sealer for a second coat?

Any info appreciated thank you.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Hi petebk, and welcome to the forum :welcome:, it all depends on the retailer to be honest, I think LTP products are priced very competitively, certain tile outlets charge a lot for the Fila product which is different to the trade products in name/price and specification I've been reliably informed for the diy market. I like the Fila products, but don't use them as much due to the pricing differences and lesser availability, whereas I do use LTP products mostly for run of the mill products in stone/porcelain because they do the job with minimum fuss and they are user friendly and easily availiable. Some stones I would only use the likes of Lithofin or LTP because I know the products well, with all due respect to Fila I would recommend they only sell their "full fat" products to everyone because it saves the unnecessary confusion associated with their exclusive products to a large tile outlet :smilewinkgrin: .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Slate sealer fila stone plus in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
hi i need to seal some stone tiles and travitine . went it to topps tiles they recommend a...
Replies
Views
K
Please help - I know nothing about paving/tiling....!! We have just had some sandstone paving...
Replies
Views
R
hi i've just tiled my mums kitchen with some onyx mosaic tiles. i applied a couple of coats of...
Replies
Views
J
Can someone recommend best sealer to get xstreme super high gloss seal on sheera multi colour...
Replies
Views
jason591
J
O
I might need to seal some grout on a job tomorrow,but don't fancy the 60 mile round trip to get...
Replies
Views
On one
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB