Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Slate sealing - your experience in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

redlee

I've got a slate floor to seal, the tiles came already sealed but need more applying. I have done a test tile with ltp intensifier and it looks good when first applied but soon dulls, the customer doesn't want them glossy/greasy looking but as they are multi coloured would like the colours enhancing, this floor is going to take a bit of a hammering as they have stables and a couple of big dogs so whatever i use needs to be pretty durable. I'm hedging towards another couple of goes with the intensifier on the test tile, but would like your advice if you've sealed multi coloured rough surfaced slate before buying a 5litre drum.
Cheers
Lee.

R

redlee

The first thing you need to find out is what they were sealed with before you laid them. If it had a topical sealer applied a Enhancer sealer wont work unless you remove the topical sealer first. :thumbsup:

They came from Porcelanosa pre sealed - Porcelanosa say they only sell Lithofin stainstop (impregnator) I've used stainstop a lot in the past and it hasn't done as good a job as that would re the water absorbancy its also pooled on a couple of tiles as in too much has gone on and its a bit tacky but easy to clean - so i suspect its sealed before they get hold of it and they dont know what with.

Reply to Slate sealing - your experience in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

So I had to seal some slate the other week which I did with a paint brush. Just wondered if...
Replies
Views
Done a feature wall in split face, customer was dead happy with it. I've sealed it using fila...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, hope your all well. Bit of background on the job. 20m2 of opus marble with travertine...
Replies
Views
N
My tiles have been laid with flexible adhesive and I am currently trying to clean them prior to...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
N
Evening all have got a job coming up to re-seal a conservatory floor i tiled about seven years...
Replies
Views
prceramics
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Slate sealing - your experience
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.