Discuss Slate Tiles and Cleaning in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

QED

Hi Guys,

Just laid the first phase of my slate tiles in the living room, I've yet to seal them, but want to give them a good clean before I do to get the dirt, boot marks etc out - I don't want to "seal in" a bloody great size 10 boot print.

But, being aware of water marks etc. I was concerned about how to go about getting them clean but avoiding marking them.

I was going to just use soap and water (as little as possible) and a stiff scrubbing brush and dry the tiles off to remove any standing water, give the tiles say 24h to dry off completley, then seal them.

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Thanks

Reply to Slate Tiles and Cleaning in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Pro help please... i have a large outside area 6msq approximately...ive just had a concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Slate Tiles and Cleaning
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.