Discuss Slate Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi my first post on site but have been reading for some time and have found the site to be very useful.

Currently moving walls about etc for a Client to create a new En Suite and Remodle Bathroom.

Initially I was advised by Client that he was having vinyl tiles so took up floor boards and replaced with green chipboard.

Client has now bought some black Slate Tiles from B&Q, and would like your thoughts on a few things.

Plan now to overboard with 6mm NoMorePly as client concerned about height.

I an used to ceramic tiles but have not laid Slate before and the B & Q Tiles vary in thickness from 14mm down to 3mm is this normal.
icon5.png

Will the thinner tiles be okay to lay or not, I plan to use Granfix Ultimate Flex.

Next question is what about sealing, Client came back from B&Q with QEP Tile Sealer cannot find any mention of this product on the Forum is it any good
icon5.png

I understand that I have to work clean and seal Slates before grouting but any other suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to Slate Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Slate Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.