Discuss slate tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Hi Lee, not a job for the faint hearted mate, get them all in order starting from thick to thin, you really need to find all the high spots on your floor and get rid of them.
You start with the thickest tile and work down to the thin ones, dont be tempted to dot and dab mate and work cleanly.
A few days prepping the floor before even thinking about fixing the slate will pay dividends Lee,
put some pictures up as you go and keep asking away.

Goodluck

:thumbsup:

Y

YourTiler

I've found that with any raised edges in the tiles a hammer and chisel will help you loose the high edge. With them being natural no one will know you've been skimming them to get them flush

Solid bed laying is the sure way for a good solid job

Just as a thought - I spent 2 days a few years ago levelling up 2 rooms so it would be easier to lay them

Hope it works for you and most of all - Enjoy it :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

Just a thought and our diamond core drills are great for use on slate.

Obviously slate is in layers which can easily be split. In the video below we actually show how to put a perfect hole into this natural material without breaking or splitting it.

[video=youtube;NjuUmSksArQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjuUmSksArQ[/video]

Slate appears at about 3mins and 40secs into the vid

Reply to slate tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
slate tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.