Discuss SLC on chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pro-handyman

In the process of a small bathroom refit. Spent today tiling the floor with 33x33 ceramics. The floor is chipboard in good condition with no deflection which I screwed down and then installed 6mm hardiebacker.

The floor has a bit of a dip in due to a low joist about 4/5mm I got over it by bedding up the tiles over this area however this obviously took a fair amount of time to ensure good levels and no lippage.

My question is would it be an option in the future to use an SLC before installing the hardiebacker? How would you guys get over this?

Thanks

Reply to SLC on chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a small WC about 2m2. I realise now, that I should have taken up the Chipboard...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
SLC on chipboard?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.