Discuss SLC on tanking? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kiwikev

Can anyone advise please.
I’m in the process of installing UFH in a shower room W/C, I have built up off the concrete sub floor using levelling compound, 25mm of XPS board, 6mm of hardy board and then tanking compound followed by taped loose wire UFH cable. I was going to tile on top directly (buttering the tiles), but it seems that the consensus is to use SLC first, obviously making the tiling process easier. Would this be okay on top of the tanking paint, or should it have been tanked over the top of the SLC? I’m sort of thinking that the water may have a detrimental effect on the SLC adhesion ie cause separation between that and the tanking paint, or would a bonding agent stop this?

Thanks guys

Reply to SLC on tanking? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I’m nearly there with a bathroom tiling Project and managed to make it this far before getting...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
SLC on tanking?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.