Discuss Slc problem? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJ Tiling

Ok, builders have slc'd a kitchen floor that I'm supposed to tile. They have used Ultra level it 1, not a brand I'm familiar with according to them they have followed the instructions on the bag.

They sub is an old concrete base which they primed with SBR, mixed as per bag and following the guidelines laid 50mm, then 3 days later laid another 25mm giving a total of 75mm (in the deepest areas). I've spoken to Ultra and they say this is acceptable. This was all done about 2 weeks ago.

Today the plasterers finished and I started cleaning up behind them (as we do) prepping. When scrapping the floor it seems very very soft! So soft I can use my finger nail to scratch into the surface. There's no heating in the house and it is pretty humid due to plastering, also the weather is cold.

I have a couple of ideas but im interested to see if thinking along the right lines.

136.jpg image.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
think you need to decouple it go to the shulter web site and read up on ditra decoupling you can fix over green screed with this will slow down curing process but sounds like you need to remove crusty topfirst

Lol......how did I know you were going to suggest that
Do you sleep with the stuff as well. ..:lol:

J

Just Rizzle

Lol......how did I know you were going to suggest that
Do you sleep with the stuff as well. ..:lol:

no but i know the reasons why i recommend it its called FORCE TRANSFER ASSEMBLEY. its a matter of physics. if some one spends there hard earned money on quality tiles they need quality advice on how to fix them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
no but i know the reasons why i recommend it its called FORCE TRANSFER ASSEMBLEY. its a matter of physics. if some one spends there hard earned money on quality tiles they need quality advice on how to fix them.

When does that advice start then :lol:........:oops:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Slc problem? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi all. First time poster here so thanks in advance for any help you can give and apologies if...
Replies
Views
M
Hello all, I seem to be in a dilemma with the tiler and tiling my bathroom. First of all...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, (I have tried looking but could not find this subject covered in another thread, if I...
Replies
Views
JamesHardie
J
Kinda new here, so hi to you all. I have been using Tops tiles flexi rapid set for years now and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB