Discuss Slightly bowed floor - options in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tommcd

I'm about to embark on tiling my bathroom floor. It's a new build. So far have whacked down a load of hardiebacker and was about to start tiling - however, I assumed (stupid I know) the floor would be flat, with it being a brand new house, but it actually bows quite a bit. It dips about 6-7mm in the centre over a distance of 1.9m.

Just wondering what is the best course of action...

1) SLC the dip - if I do this, will the hardiebacker and adhesive already down be a suitably watertight bed for the SLC?
2) level the dip with rapid set addy
3) tile it and make up the void with extra addy as I go
4) tile it as is and convince everyone it's actually flat but some weird optical illusion is going on.

Sorry for the long post -Merry Christmas!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
If it's only a smallish area I would pile on some rapid set and float it in with a straight edge, larger area I would SLC. Only you know if there are any gaps that the SLC could get into, if there is then fill them first and prime the board.

Here's one I did earlier in the year, to be fair it really needed a new floor but I got called in too late for that to be an option.
20170620_151853.jpg 20170621_143032.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Slightly bowed floor - options in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB