Discuss small bathrooms,no where to put your tools. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi all!

Just wondering what tools you take to a job.
I know it sounds obvious but when we go on a job,say a bathroom, we take all our tools, thats tubs,toolbox,buckets wood levels, materials.
When we get there we normally put on a bath board and stick the wet cutter on that ,then the rest of the tools on the landing area, and where ever we can stick the dry cutter.
The thing is its so frustrating,you cant bloody move for stuff in the way.
What a nightmare,im getting really fed up working like this,cant help but treading on this, that,.
I was thinking of taking all the obvious ones,trowels,levels markers etc.,but you can garantee they'll be something ive forgotten.
Dont have a van at the minute,otherwise id leave a lot of the stuff in that,but loading up the car can be a pain all the time when a lot of it dont get used.
How do you all get round this?
I know it sounds a bit silly, but hate working all crammped up not being able to move.
Cheers
Vin.:mad2::mad2::mad2:

D

davidelton

I use one of those tool boxes with wheels & leave it in the hall on dustsheets, its great for standing your sliding dry cutter on. If I'm using my big cutter I just stand it on its own box ontop of the tool box. Always have dust sheets in the bath & normally stand adhesive & tool tray from my tool box there while tiling the rest of the bathroom. I always have my wet cutter in the garage or outside unless thats a long walk.

B

bigandy

being 5ft 2 and 31 stone dont really help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nah! only joking...

I'm 6 FT and twenty four stoneish just take the esentials into there with you,,. ie/ dry cutter nips hammer junior hacksaw spacers ect although not the best place, how about the window ledge? if not a bucket on the floor.

leave the wet cutter down stairs outside as you should nt really need it that much unless your on natural then swap(learn to cut l shapes by hand, comes in handy when no elecy and can be as fast) it for your dry cutter!

def take the door off and if no bath pannel there is acresof space just remember totake them home with you

leave other use once or twice tools on landing

P

poppyniks

Door off , wet cutter always outside property , dry cutter on dust sheet on landing with any other tools required , only need trowel and adhesive with you jobs a good un , nips etc on window sill , im also short for my weight :thumbsup: so space is a neccesaty , having a car i suppose causes you most the problems your facing , get a van leave it all in there .its only outside then if you need it ,

A

Alberta Stone

Everything we do is done in steps and each step requires it's own tools.
I usually find a designated spot in the customers house that becomes my tool and materials depot which is as close to the work area as possible, I protect the area from damage, dust and water and I then bring just the tools I need into the work area, that way I am not tripping over gear that is just getting in the way.
Always pack some poly sheeting with you.
Light gauge to put up for dust protection over furniture and walls and such, heavy gauge for floors.
I save my poly if it is not ripped or holed and if it is dirty I wash it off in the yard.
If it is shabby I pitch it.

C

cornish_crofter

I took the door off on the last small bathroom I did. This saved loads of time, especially when I plumbed in the sink right behind it.

Not only did I have to tile it but also plumb it in as well!

As for leaving the wet cutter downstairs. That is a good call. I've got the Belle Mini Tile and I wasn't looking forward to lugging that upstairs. I just kept my wet cuts to a minimum. The only problem I had is when the builders working on the garage conversion needed it moved :lol:.

As has been said, I kept my tools that I wasn't using in an alcove outside the bathroom.

Next week I start the other bathroom, much bigger :grin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to small bathrooms,no where to put your tools. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB