Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss small cutter for cutting 25mm stone in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matthew77

Hi

I'm looking for a tile cutter for cutting out some stone that has been laid in a doorway so I can get a nice straight edge to lay a new stone floor upto it to match in with existing floor . I have a 4" angle grinder but as this job is in someone's house and the stone needs cutting right upto the door frame the 4" blade is a bit big to get right in and will create a heap of dust, something the customer is worried about.

So I'm looking for a small cutting tool that is either wet or has a dust extractor kit. I have a fein multimaster that I could get the dust kit for but would this be too much work for the multimaster & what blade would be right for cutting stone?

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Matt

M

Matthew77

Ok thanks I'll look into that. Would you happen to be able to recommend what blade for the rotozip would be the best suited for cutting stone and how good is the dust extraction on the rotozip?

Also do you think that the diamond blades for the multimaster would cut stone and tile as they seem to be just marketed at grout removal?

This particular job just requires me to cut the edges of 3 stones that have been damaged when the door threshold was removed by the builder.

thanks Dave

M

Matthew77

I doubt the multimaster would do it.

That is a shame as I already own a good set of hole drills & a multimaster so I'd prefer not to buy another tool just for this, but I'm guessing it will come in handy on other jobs and if its really as good as they seem to be hyping it on their websites and videos I guess I'll be using it for hole cutting in the future.
Have the rotozips now been taken over by bosch and are they the same now?

Reply to small cutter for cutting 25mm stone in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
I know this might be a long shot but I’m looking for discontinued tiles from B&Q 5 years ago...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
small cutter for cutting 25mm stone
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%